Ever wanted to have a destination wedding in the Country? Maybe a winery wedding? How about just a celebration with all your family & friends in a beautiful country setting?
We've got you covered! Check out our ultimate wedding guide for a wedding with us at Merilba Estate Wines.
We're a premium boutique winery located just outside Uralla, near Kingstown. We're only an hour or so from Armidale, Inverell & Tamworth. Planted and established in 1998, our Cellar Door has been operating for around 10 of those years, and all of our wines are crafted on site by Owner & Winemaker Shaun Cassidy. These wines will be available to you for your wedding reception.
Enjoy an outdoor ceremony in our gardens, followed by the ultimate winery wedding in our fully renovated woolshed. Pressed copper lined walls, a view through the full height glass & an open fire for the colder months all make for a beautiful setting for your reception. All of your photo's can be taken on our property as well, throughout the gardens & vineyards.
HOW TO GET TO & FROM MERILBA?
We've had everything from Motorbikes to Helicopters bring guests to weddings at Merilba, however the most common way to get your guests to and from the winery is using our local bus service. Kingstown Bus Service can offer coaches to take your guests to Armidale, Uralla, Inverell or Tamworth at extremely reasonable rates.
WHERE TO STAY?
Our closest town is Uralla (about 25 minute drive) where you'll find a great range of accommodation options. We've listed some of our favourites below:
WHAT ELSE TO DO IN URALLA?
Whether it's the day before the wedding, the morning of, or the day after, there's so much for you and your guests to enjoy in Uralla. Here are a few of our favourites (and yes, it mostly revolves around food):
- Go on a Foodie Tour of the New England with Wayward Trails
- Sunhill Dairy Goats - Goats cheese & goats milk skincare. Call ahead to book a tour at the dairy, or grab some delightful Goat's cheeses from local retailers!
- Dobson's Distillery @ Eastview Estate. Our local distillery producing world class Gin's + Vodka, Whiskey & Liqueurs. Visit them for a tasting or grab some from our mates at the Top Pub Bottleshop!
- Checkout the boutique shops in the main street of Uralla, from the beautiful homewares at Highland Living to the delicious treats at The Sweet Place. If you stay in a B&B or somewhere self contained and want to eat local while you're here, be sure to grab your local meet from Dales Downtown Meats or some phenomenal breads and pies from our local Moon's Bakery & The Pie Mechanic.
- Grab a bite to eat at The Top Pub, The Alternate Root, Naturally Healthy Cafe or Michael's Cafe.
WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE FOR THE WEDDING?
We've been so honoured to work with so many other professionals in the region on different weddings over the years. Whether it's a wedding planner like Perfect Planning, or talented photographers like Dianna Hales, The Moore's Photography, Simon Scott and Shanna K Whan, your choices for your wedding in the New England are endless.
Of course if you want to chat about a wedding in the New England & at Merilba Estate Wines, give us a call on 02 6778 9145 or email us at email@example.com.